This is voluntary role which involves mainly working from home but will include visiting locations within Gosport as required.
Hours of work would be flexible. As this is a new role we have estimated five hours per week, maybe more/less dependent on the time of year.
The Volunteer Coordinator will hold a place on the Gosport Heritage Open Days Management Committee and will be expected to attend or report to the monthly meetings on a Thursday morning.
Typical work activities
- Researching and writing volunteer policies and procedures.
- Liaising with sub-groups within Gosport Heritage Open Days or with organisations for which they are recruiting volunteers (e.g. event organisers).
- Generating appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the organisation.
- Ensuring there is appropriate support and training for volunteers.
- Promoting volunteering through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Recruiting volunteers and ensuring they are appropriately matched and trained for a position.
- Providing inductions and training.
- Monitoring, supporting, motivating and accrediting volunteers and their work.
- Celebrating volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards.
- Offering advice and information to volunteers through face-to-face, telephone and email contact.
- Identifying profile-raising opportunitites to attract new volunteers.
- Keeping up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and making any necessary modifications to accommodate changes.
- Monitoring and evaluating activities and hours worked by volunteers.
- Maintaining databases and undertaking any other administrative duties.
If you would like to volunteer for this role, please complete this short form