Heritage Guide/Helper Role Description
A Heritage helper is an enthusiastic person who has experience of, or is willing to train in, helping our visitors to understand and enjoy their heritage experience.
Typical work activities
- Leading or assisting with guided tours of buildings or guided walks around an area
- Leading or assisting with heritage talks in community venues to various sized audiences
- Blogging or vlogging heritage stories through the GHOD’s website or other suitable media
- Researching interesting ‘historical’ info and materials to use in heritage activities as above
- A tour, walk or talk usually lasts from 45mins to 2hrs (depending on the content/route) and some preparation time is also needed. Research can be as flexible as you like and b/vlogging can be scheduled to suit you.
If you would like to volunteer for this role, please complete this short form