Show / Display
The Alverbank Country House Hotel, Stokes Bay Road, Gosport, Hampshire, PO12 2QT
‘Peace at Last’ was the culmination of three projects* which looked at the role of Gosport and its people during 1914-1918. It was completed in November 2018 to mark 100 years since the end of The Great War (WW1).
Come and see a display of info and materials which came from activity undertaken by various local community groups; audio tracks specially created; a marvellous sensory textile a Peace Party, and much more besides.
* These three projects were created by Splodge Designs, managed by Gosport HODs and funded by the HLF. Full info on the projects can be seen at http://www.gosportheritage.co.uk/category/projects/gosport-and-its-people-during-the-great-war/
Allow approx 30 mins.
- Monday 16 September: 1100 – 2100
- Tuesday 17 September: 1100 – 2100
- Wednesday 18 September: 1100 – 2100
- Thursday 19 September: 1100 – 2100
- Friday 20 September: 1100 – 1500
- Sunday 22 September: 1100 – 1500
No Booking Needed – Just turn up and enjoy
Some free parking by hotel, especially suitable for disabled or elderly visitors. Also lots of ‘pay to park’ spaces on the main bay road. Close to X5 and 9/9a bus routes. The Alverbank offers a wide range of refreshment/food throughout this time. Bar snacks, full meals, afternoon teas, and delicious ice creams are all available to purchase.
Please note that the printed programme shows times on Fri 20th & Sun 22nd incorrectly. It is 1100 – 1500 on both those days.
Gosport HODs & The Alverbank
Turn off Stokes Bay Road opposite the sea wall.
For travel information about how to get to and around Gosport