Treasurer role description
The Treasurer role is an Officer position on the GHODs Management Team. The overall role will be to maintain an overview of GHOD’s financial affairs, ensuring its viability and ensuring that proper financial records and procedures are maintained in accordance with our Constitution and Financial Policy.
General financial oversight.
- To oversee and present budgets, accounts and financial statements.
- To liaise with designated people about financial matters.
- To ensure that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place.
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- To ensure any recommendations of the verification body are communicated to the Management Team and that any approved changes are implemented.
- To ensure accounts meet the conditions of contractual agreements with external organisations such as funders.
Financial planning and reporting.
- To present financial reports to the Management Team.
- To make accounts available for verification at the appropriate time.
- To make a presentation of the accounts at the annual general meeting (AGM).
- To advise on the financial implications of GHOD’s strategic and operational plans.
- To advise on the fundraising strategy of GHOD’s.
- Experience of financial control and budgeting (essential)
- Honesty and reliability
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed-up.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
f you would like to volunteer for this role, please complete this short form