Meet the Local Authors
Gosport Discovery Centre, High Street, Gosport, PO12 1BT
Chaplin Books is an independent publishing house launched in Gosport in 2010, specialising in books on social history and film studies. Enjoy this chance to meet some of the faces behind the pens of local authors.
This is an informal event: visitors can chat with the writers about their storylines and writing styles. Featured books will be available to buy and be signed by the authors.
These are authors who live locally. Most of the books are ‘local history’ but there will be some fiction titles too.
Authors who we hope will be attending are:
– David Gary (Memories of Gosport Ferry)
– Eric Birbeck and David Gary (Memories of Haslar Hospital)
– John Bull (The Night They Blitzed The Ritz)
– Geoff O’Neill and Mick Laming (Memories of Ultra)
– Mardi Marsh (The Love Diet)
Extracts from some of these books are available to read on Chaplin Books website.
- Saturday 8 September: 1000 – 1200
No Booking Needed
For travel information about how to get to and around Gosport, click here.