IT/Web Lead Role Description
This should be someone with a good background in IT skills and be able to use these skills in the updating and development of our website (WordPress) and social media for GHODs events. You may have other volunteers working with you to complete the tasks and may need to co-ordinate this small group.
This is voluntary role which involves mainly working from home.
Hours of work would be flexible, estimated 2 -4 hours per week, maybe more/less dependent on the time of year.
The IT/Web Lead will hold a place on the Gosport Heritage Open Days Management Committee and will be expected to attend or report to the monthly meetings on a Thursday morning.
Typical work activities
- To maintain our website using WordPress
- To update social media
- To co-ordinate with our Marketing Lead to implement the electronic elements of our promotional campaign within a schedule.
- To co-ordinate with our Secretary to create improved programmes for administration.
Technical Skills Required:
- Knowledge of Word Press is needed along with an understanding of word processing, spreadsheets & data bases.
- An ability to evaluate and respond to web-based analytics and insights is important.
- Ability to maximise free publicity opportunities and increase public awareness, using web based and other social media.
- A flair for design would be advantageous and the ability to use a desk top publishing programme is desirable.
If you would like to volunteer for this role, please complete this short form