Eyes Along the Coast – Lee Coastwatch
Coastwatch Lookout Station, Beach Road Car Park, PO13 9LB
Wherever there is an NCI station a watchkeeper will be looking out for danger and ensuring safety on the water. High technology and sophisticated systems such as radar and telecommunications have vastly improved safety at sea, but there is no substitute for a watchful pair of eyes. Drop in and talk to the Watchkeeper about their vital voluntary work along our waters and shores. See some of the equipment they use to keep a look out!
- Thursday 6 September: 1000-1530
- Friday 7 September: 1000-1530
- Saturday 8 September: 1000-1530
- Sunday 9 September: 1000-1530
- Thursday 13 September: 1000-1530
- Friday 14 September: 1000-1530
- Saturday 15 September: 1000-1530
- Sunday 16 September: 1000-1530
No Booking Needed
- Small step on entry
- Cafe’s for refreshments and meals nearby
- On bus route
Visitors are normally most welcome at the lookout although, when an incident is ongoing, this may not always be convenient and the duty watchkeeper may ask visitors to call back later.
The National Coastwatch Institution – Lee
For travel information about how to get to and around Gosport, click here.