In order to take part in the next Heritage Open Days your site or event should meet the following criteria:
- Entrance must be FREE!
If you intend to raise money over Heritage Open Days, there are various ways of doing so but admission to the main attraction of your event has to be free of charge.
- You need to offer something special
Open a site or part of a site that isn’t usually open to the public or offer free entry to a usually charging site/activity. And what if your site is open free of charge all year round? Do something out of the ordinary! Here are some simple ideas:
- Have volunteer stewards on-site answering visitor questions.
- Put on some activities or a competition.
- Invite other groups to showcase their work.
- Music and drama can bring a place alive.
- You need to provide some form of information
Heritage Open Days visitors want to learn something new. You can support their exploration by providing for example:
- Guided tours
- Info flyers
- Skill demonstrations
- Your opening or event needs to take place within the Heritage Open Days dates
However, your site doesn’t have to be open on all days or even for a full day. Every year, the dates encompass the second weekend in September, from Thursday through to Sunday.
The dates for 2021 are 10-19 September.
If you can say yes to all four criteria, get in touch and register!