Show / Display
From the comfort of your home, view a collection of video clips and image galleries on aspects of Gosport’s historical and cultural features from the past and present day…
Included will be…
• Gosport’s History of Sail Training – explores the long and valuable connection to sail training as part of the non-military associations to the sea.
• Stitching our way through Lockdown – an online gallery of textiles, skilfully created by the Alverstoke Quilters.
• All about Rhubarb: from the ground to the plate – Veterans from the First Light Trust share tips on how they grow rhubarb, offer interesting facts and some great recipes for rhubarb too.
• The Gosport Festival: 30 years on – Video, photos and programmes from those events. Hear about the ‘world music’ which featured, the ‘big name’ artists who headlined, and the local bands who supported.
• Visions of Gosport – local photographers work, featuring buildings, land and seascapes, wildlife and wildflowers, public gardens and green hideaways, weather at its best and its worst, and lots more…
• Birdseye Gosport – Aerial images via drone, with panning film of shorelines and some important historical developments, along with stills of some very familiar places seen from this not so familiar viewpoint.
• Gosport’s Rich Aviation Heritage – Short videos highlight key developments and occasions in our aviation history.
• Millennium Bridge – A key Gosport element in the “Renaissance of Portsmouth Harbour” Project, selected in 1995 to provide a lasting memorial to the new Millennium. Learn all about it.
…and more besides!
Just click the links and sit back to enjoy…
No booking required
A good Internet connection will be required. Turn your speakers on and adjust volume to suit for video clips.
This event will run in line with local & national government guidelines at the time of the festival.
Allow 60-120 minutes, but you can pause and return at a later time.
View online from wherever you are…