Holy Trinity Church, Trinity Green, Gosport, Hampshire, PO12 1HL
The long and varied history of aviation in the local area of Gosport and Lee-on-the Solent, going back over more than 100 years.
Bob Wealthy presents a fascinating talk. You’ll hear all about…
• Early gliding activities and the construction of powered aircraft;
• Grange Airfield and the Royal Flying Corps, the School of Special Flying and Lt Col Robert Smith-Barry;
• Gosport Aircraft Company who constructed flying boat hulls;
• Royal Naval Air Service Seaplane Training Station at Lee-on-the-Solent;
• RAF Gosport, HMS Siskin, Air Torpedo Development Unit, HMS Sultan;
• Fleetlands Royal Navy aircraft maintenance and repair facility, built around 1940 still in use to the present day;
• …and more besides!
Duration approx 60 minutes
Please note that this is an Event from 2021
No booking required
Disabled passenger drop-off by the church door. On-road parking beside the church. Pay car parks close by.
This event will run in line with local & national government guidelines at the time of the festival.
Holy Trinity Church & Bob Wealthy
Please arrive ten minutes before start time to be seated. Please, no stiletto heels to be worn as they can cause damage to the floor.
MAP / DIRECTIONS
Located close to the waterfront and just a few minutes walk from the Gosport Ferry and bus station