This is voluntary role which involves mainly working from home.
Hours of work would be flexible, estimated 4 – 8 hours per week, maybe more/less dependent on the time of year. Additionally, the Administration Assistant may be asked to attend or feed a report into the monthly committee meetings (2 hours).
Typical work activities
Provide Admin support to the Secretary and to the Sub Groups through assistance with:
- Development : Compilation and production of policy documentation, maintenance of the project plan, updating of the GHODs contact list
- Events: Compilation of the participating events list and details for Registration
- Marketing : Leaflet creation, maintenance of Advertising/marketing contact list
- Funding : Production of funding bids, upkeep of Funding Bodies list
- Projects: Preparation of reports relating to any current project management
- Website : The maintenance of the Website
Technical Skills Required:
- Proficiency in relevant IT programmes: Word + Excel (essential), Powerpoint + Publisher (desirable)
- Knowledge of website maintenance : Word Press (desirable)
- Confident, personable and a good communicator.
- Willing to make own decisions when required.
- Flexible in both working practices and willing to take new ideas onboard
It is anticipated that the normal time commitment will need be between 4 – 8 hours per week. Additionally, the Administration Assistant may be asked to attend or feed a report into the monthly committee meetings (2 hours).
In the first instance, the Administration Assistant may shadow the Secretary and Chair to familiarise with the work and organisational structure. Training in website maintenance will be available. Office sessions are scheduled weekly at the home of the Chair. Once confident, the Administration Assistant may prefer to work from their own home at a time which best suits them.
If you would like to volunteer for this role, please complete this short form