Today in Gosport’s Past:-on 26th June 1965, Kickergill was demolished to allow for ‘road widening’. Kickergill was situated just west of the Brodrick Hall, Clayhall Road, being one of two navigational aid towers built in 1643, the other being Gilkicker, which was demolished around 1784 to make way for the building of Fort Monckton, itself built close to the site of Hasleworth Castle in 1785. Kickergill survived for about 181 years longer than Gilkicker, being some 322 years old when demolished. Credits to original photographers.
- June 26, 2016
- Today in Gosport's Past